Brace for follow-up attacks, Pinoys in Boston told-A A +A
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
MANILA -- Filipino-Americans in Massachusetts must now prepare themselves for possible follow-up terrorist attacks after two bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston marathon, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said Tuesday.
In a radio interview, DFA spokesman Raul Hernandez called on the almost 20,000 Filipino nationals in the American state to always maintain vigilance.
"Ang ating advisory muna ay maging alerto, vigilant sila sa kanilang environment and ensure their safety always," said Hernandez.
DFA records show that there are 18,700 Filipinos and Filipino-Americans in the state of Massachusetts.
No Filipino casualty was reported in the attack, Hernandez said.
"According to initial report of our consulate general in New York, so far, no reported Filipino casualties in the Boston bombings," he said.
(Iris Salazar, a Cebuano who is living in Boston, shares some of the photos taken by Jason Russell hours before the twin explosions in the Boston Marathon on Monday.)
Hernandez said the DFA will continuously coordinate with the host government in order to verify if there are any Filipinos affected.
On Tuesday (Manila time), two bombs exploded at the Boston Marathon resulting in the death of three people and injuring more than 100 others. (HDT/Sunnex)