2 electrocuted in Consolacion, 1 dead-A A +A
Friday, September 20, 2013
A MAN who witnessed his neighbor fighting for her life after accidentally touching a live wire ended up dead after he was also electrocuted Thursday evening in Consolacion, Cebu.
The fatality was identified as Many Commendador, 28, single, resident of Sitio Pagutlan, Barangay Tayud.
He was among the onlookers who watched a resident Angel Cruz rescuing a neighbor, Teressa Damayo Monlion, 33, who was electrocuted after she accidentally touched a grounded part of an electrical wiring used as clothesline while gathering her laundry at the backyard of her house.
Police said Commendador failed to notice another hanging clothesline made of grounded wire touching his head, resulting in his electrocution.
The first victim, Monlion, was brought by Cruz to Eversley Hospital in the Mandaue City.
Commendador, however, was noticed lately by the curious onlookers. He was rushed to AC Cortes Hospital also in Mandaue City but was declared dead on arrival by the attending physician. (Akimie R. Losorata and Jerson B. Rufin, PIT interns/Sunnex)