Blast kills 3, injures 1 in Zambo-A A +A
By Bong Garcia
Friday, September 20, 2013
AUTHORITIES here are studying the possibility that the bomb explosion late Friday, which killed three people and injured another, is related to a similar incident earlier this week in this city.
Three people were killed while another survived although wounded when a powerful bomb ripped through a passenger bus around 5:50 p.m. Friday in the village of Labuan, 36 kilometers east of this city.
Last September 16, a bomb, which was placed at the rear of a car, exploded in the village of Camino Nuevo. No one was either killed or wounded during the incident.
Task Force Zamboanga commander Colonel Andrelino Colina said there are some similar particles that were recovered in the two separate incidents.
View Larger Map
Colina said these are further being studied by the explosive ordnance demolition.
Killed in the latest incident were Meliton (not Antonio as earlier reported) Orquijo, 57, the bus’ fare collector, and washing boys namely Hudson Guinilac, 21, and Alison Saavedra, 19.
Wounded was Doming De Jesus, 63, the driver of the bus, which is among the fleet of buses of D’ Biel Transit that plies the Labuan-city proper route and vice-versa.
Police Station 10 chief Chester Natividad said that investigation showed the bus has just entered the garage after all of the passenger have disembarked coming from the city proper when the bomb exploded.
The explosion was followed by a fire that was put off few minutes later.
Natividad said investigation continues in a bid to determine the motive and identity of the bombers. (Sunnex)