No advice yet of Obama’s cancellation of trip amid US govt shutdown: Palace-A A +A
Tuesday, October 1, 2013
THE Aquino administration will understand if United States President Barack Obama will cancel his upcoming visit to the country amid the US government shutdown, a Palace official said Tuesday.
"Of course, we extend the necessary understanding should there be exigent circumstances," deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte when asked if the government would understand in the event that Obama would not push with his trip here on October 11 to 12.
But so far, Valte said that there was no advice yet from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) that the US President would cancel hit visit here.
"No notice yet but we don’t know in the coming days. Surely the DFA will update us should any notice be given," she said.
The US government shutdown after Congress failed to pass the budget on time. The shutdown was its first in 17 years. (SDR/Sunnex)