18 areas still submerged from September rain-A A +A
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
AT LEAST 18 areas in Laguna remained flooded in the wake of heavy monsoon rain more than a week ago, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said Wednesday.
In its 6:00 a.m. update on Wednesday, NDRRMC said these areas are in Biñan, Calamba and San Pedro Cities and Bay and Sta. Cruz towns in Laguna.
Knee-high floods were reported in:
- Biñan: Barangays de la Paz, San Isidro, Malabanan
- Calamba: Barangays Palingon, Uwisan, Sucol, Pansol, Linga Purok 5-6, Lecheria
- San Pedro: Barangays Cuyab, Landayan, Camcam
Areas with floods below knee-level include:
- Bay: Barangays Sto. Domingo and San Antonio
- Sta. Cruz: Barangays Santisima Cruz, Calios, Poblacion IV, Gatid
In Mimaropa, meanwhile, NDRRMC said residents affected by floods were suffering from coughs and colds, fever, athlete's foot, headache, and elevated blood pressure.
The council also said the death toll remained at 32, with eight injured and three missing.
The Department of Health remained on Code Blue alert, and provided medicines to affected areas. (JK/Sunnex)