DOJ to file 2nd batch of pork barrel cases next week-A A +A
Monday, October 21, 2013
JUSTICE Secretary Leila de Lima said Monday the second batch of cases against those involved in the alleged pork barrel scam will be filed before the Office of the Ombudsman next week.
De Lima also apologized to the public for the delay, saying the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) team handling the case build up is busy sifting through "voluminous documents."
"We are in the continuing process of validating and double checking (the documents). Gusto namin maniguro na sapat ang ebidensya for each of the respondents," she told reporters, adding she has no idea of the number of individuals who will face charges.
Thirty-eight persons were charged last month in relation to the scam including Senators Juan Ponce Enrile, Jinggoy Estrada and Ramon Revilla Jr. and alleged scam mastermind Janet Napoles for plunder.
The three had denied receiving commissions for diverting priority development assistance fund (PDAF) to the fake foundations owned by Napoles. (Virgil Lopez/Sunnex)