Quake death toll up to 190, damage now at P900 M-A A +A
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
MANILA -- The death toll from last week's magnitude 7.2 quake in Central Visayas rose to 190 as of Monday night, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said Tuesday.
In its 6 a.m. update, the NDRRMC said the number of injured also rose to 605, while 11 are listed as missing.
Damage to property rose to P902.73 million, including P763.58 million in Bohol, P132.25 million in Cebu, and P6.65 million in Siquijor.
As of 5 a.m. Tuesday, the NDRRMC said the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology recorded 2,384 aftershocks, 57 of which were felt.
The quake also affected 588,564 families or 2.9 million people in 1,282 villages in 52 towns and six cities in six provinces.
Of these, 20,995 families or 111,239 people are staying in 96 evacuation centers. (JK/Sunnex)