Aquino to discuss DAP with people in provinces-A A +A
Monday, November 4, 2013
PRESIDENT Benigno Aquino III is ready to go to the provinces to personally explain to the public the Disbursement Acceleration Program (DAP), which has been subject of criticisms by some quarters, a Palace official said Monday.
Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said in his regular news briefing that the dialogue will be done as regularly as possible.
"Sabihin na lang natin na ang Pangulo ay handang makipagtalakayan sa mga mamamayan at nais din niya na ang mga miyembro ng Gabinete ay makikipagtalakayan din sa iba’t ibang mga stakeholder groups na sakop ng kanilang mga kagawaran dahil, sa kanyang paniwala, ang kailangan natin sa kasalukuyan ay isang malawakang pagtatalakay sa mga isyu para magkaroon ng kaliwanagan ang ating mga mamamayan," he said.
Coloma said that the dialogue will be scheduled whenever there are presidential events.
With the series of dialogues to be conducted by the President, he said the Aquino administration hopes to achieve "clarity and better understanding" of what it has been doing for the people.
The plan for a series of dialogue came out after Aquino's televised address last week when he slammed those criticizing DAP and those insinuating that his administration had misused government funds.
Coloma also denied the accusation of the United Nationalist Alliance (UNA) that Aquino's national address was meant to sway the Supreme Court justices to rule on DAP petitions in favor of the administration.
"Wala pong katotohanan iyan," he said.
He also said that the President's decision to address the nation was a result of continuing consultations with the Cabinet members and not with any lawmakers, including Senate President Franklin Drilon.
"Uulitin ko na lang po ang aking sinabi ng ilang beses na sa briefing na ito na ang desisyon na iyon ay galing doon sa stream of consultations with Cabinet members," he said. (SDR/Sunnex)