DOJ ready to place Lee, Cornejo under lookout list

-A A +A

Wednesday, January 29, 2014


MANILA -- Justice Secretary Leila de Lima on Wednesday said she may order the Bureau of Immigration (BI) to monitor the movements of businessman Cedric Lee and Deniece Cornejo, both charged for manhandling actor Vhong Navarro last week.

In a text message, de Lima said she is just waiting for a formal request for the issuance a lookout bulletin order (LBO) from either the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) or Navarro’s camp.

An LBO does not stop a person from leaving the Philippines, thus, Lee and Cornejo can travel to Singapore on February 6 if they want to.

Reports said the two had booked a Philippine Airlines (PAL) flight although they have yet to pay for the tickets.

Lee and Cornejo were facing six charges including blackmail and serious illegal detention at the Department of Justice (DOJ) for allegedly beating up Navarro at the Forbeswood Heights in Taguig City.

But Lee said he and his friends only did it allegedly due to Navarro's attempt to rape Cornejo. (Virgil Lopez/Sunnex)

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!
Sun.Star Jobs
  • Calamity Report
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • ePaper
  • Technology
  • Habemus Papam
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Filipino Abroad
  • Pnoy
  • Festivals
  • Obituary
  • Philippine Polls
  • tell it to sunstar
  • goodearth
  • Pacman blog
  • Sinulog
  • Sun.Star Zup!