Vhong Navarro won’t face Lee, Cornejo on Valentine’s Day

-A A +A

Thursday, February 6, 2014


MANILA -- Prosecutors acceded to the request of actor and television host Vhong Navarro on Thursday not to show up on Valentine’s Day, February 14, for the first hearing of the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) probe into his mauling incident last month.

Navarro just nodded his head when asked by Assistant State Prosecutor Hazel Decena-Valdez to confirm that he is not yet ready to face Deniece Cornejo and businessman Cedric Lee next week. His lawyer, Alma Mallonga, said they did it for security reasons.

Cornejo and Lee were among the eight respondents in several charges filed by Navarro in relation to the January 22 incident at a condominium unit in Taguig City, where he was beat up by friends of the businessman for allegedly raping the model.

"This is just an accommodation because you're the complainant. However, you have to appear at the next hearing (February 21). We cannot grant a similar request in the future because we don't want to be accused of being biased to the complainant," said Valdez after Navarro affirmed all the affidavits he executed while at the hospital.

Wearing a checkered polo, Navarro went straight to the DOJ after he was discharged from the St. Luke's Medical Center in Quezon City.


He submitted supplemental affidavits (January 30 and February 4), detailing the exchange of text messages between him and Lee and description of the footage taken from some areas of the Forbeswood Heights Condominium when the incident happened.

The text exchanges occurred on January 23 and 24.

In one message, Lee told Navarro that the actor will suffer more if he will not deposit money to Cornejo's bank account to cover the damaged items such as television and furniture and payment for moral damages.

Vhong Navarro
MANILA. "It's Showtime" host Vhong Navarro on Thursday affirmed all the affidavits he executed while at the hospital. (Virgil Lopez/Sunnex)


Lee also cursed Navarro for his decision to report the incident to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), which earlier concluded that Cornejo was not raped based on the CCTV footage.

"Hoy rapist! P***** i** mo, pag di mo binayaran si Deniece dun sa mga nawasak na furniture today and for the moral damages and trauma u have caused her, she will file the attempted rape charges against u, and w regards to us, alam mo kalalagyan mo, maski ipabasa mo pa itong text kahit kanino. P***** i** mong rapist ka!" read Lee's text around lunchtime of January 24.

Cornejo filed rape charges against Navarro days after the television host accused the model, Lee and six others of serious illegal detention, grave threat and blackmail, among others.

Navarro, who thanked his friends and fans for their unwavering support, also received the rape complaint on Thursday. (Sunnex)

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!
Sun.Star Jobs
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • ePaper
  • goodearth
  • Philippine Polls
  • Calamity Report
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Technology
  • Sinulog
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Filipino Abroad
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Habemus Papam
  • Festivals
  • Pnoy
  • Pacman blog
  • Obituary