DOJ rejects Cornejo’s camp to reset preliminary hearing-A A +A
Thursday, February 13, 2014
MANILA -- Prosecutors tasked to look into the mauling of actor and television host Vhong Navarro maintained that the Valentine's Day hearing on Friday will push through.
In a text message, Prosecutor General Claro Arellano said the three-member panel junked the request of model Deniece Cornejo to move the first hearing of the complaints to a later date.
Cornejo's camp wanted to attend a hearing on the same day at the Taguig City Regional Trial Court branch 69 for her request for temporary protection order against Navarro.
But Arellano said she has to appear at the DOJ since it was scheduled days before she filed a motion for TPO on February 4.
Navarro will not show up after the panel noted last week that he was not yet ready to face the people who beat him up at a condominium unit in Taguig on January 22. He was required, however, to attend the next hearing on February 21.
Set to be heard are Navarro's charges of serious illegal detention, serious physical injuries, grave threat, grave coercion, illegal arrest and blackmail against Cornejo and businessman Cedric Lee and six others.
The DOJ will also tackle Cornejo's rape complaint against the actor. (Sunnex)