Ex-AFP chief named as new head of VFA Commission-A A +A
Saturday, February 22, 2014
PRESIDENT Benigno Aquino III has appointed former Armed Forces of the Philippines chief of staff Eduardo Oban Jr. as the new head of the Visiting Forces Agreement Commission, a Palace official said Saturday.
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said Oban replaced retired Army General Edilberto Adan.
"He (Oban) will be no stranger to the issues that are being handled by the VFA Commission," Valte said on state-run dzRB Radyo ng Bayan.
She added that the President has regarded Oban as a "strategic thinker" and is confident in Oban's ability to get the job done.
Oban, before his appointment as head of the VFA Commission, had been appointed as undersecretary of the Department of Transportation and Communications (DOTC) in 2012.
Valte said Edwin Lopez will take Oban's place as DOTC Undersecretary. (SDR/Sunnex)