Doctors: Tumor found in Napoles uterus not life threatening-A A +A
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
DOCTORS found a mass inside the uterus of Janet Lim-Napoles but it was not enough to merit her confinement at the Philippine National Police (PNP) General Hospital in Quezon City since it was "not alarming."
Napoles, the alleged architect of the pork barrel scam, underwent transvaginal ultrasound and other tests Wednesday as she complained of abdominal pains and profuse menstrual bleeding since October last year.
Chief Superintendent Alejandro Advincula, PNP-Health Services director, said the tumor found inside Napoles' uterus is not life threatening and the detained businesswoman is in good health condition.
"Nag-undergo siya ng complete check-up, stable ang condition niya though meron nakitang bukol sa uterus niya instead of sa ovary pero hindi pa naman ito dapat ikatakot. Mas threatening kung positive ang bukol sa ovary, at wala din nakitang bleeding," he said.
"Sa physical check up niya, she was advised by the dentist to undergo tooth extraction pero generally, nothing major," he added.
In October last year, doctors at the Fort Sto. Domingo in Sta. Rosa, Laguna found a three-centimeter cyst in Napoles' ovary and she was experiencing abdominal pain and continuous gynecological bleeding.
Napoles is detained at the Fort Sto. Domingo for serious illegal detention of pork barrel scam main whistleblower Benhur Luy.
Aside from conducting complete physical check-up, blood testing and trans-vaginal ultrasound, Chief Inspector Michelle Daguno, the attending OB-gynecologist, also requested for Napoles to undergo pap smear--a cervical screening used to detect potentially pre-cancerous and cancerous processes in the endo-cervical canal on a female reproductive system.
Advincula declined, however, to disclose any further details about Napoles' medical condition.
"It's up to Mrs. Napoles kung magsasalita siya pero kami ay hindi pwedeng magbigay ng mas malalim pang impormasyon dahil meron tayong doctor-patient confidentiality," Advincula said.
She further said that it is Napoles' discretion if she would submit another court order to allow her to seek for a second opinion.
Immediately after the almost two-hour medical check-up, Napoles was brought back to her detention room in Laguna.
Earlier, a Makati Regional Trial Court has allowed Napoles to leave detention to attend to her medical concerns. Napoles sought to be confined the St. Luke's Medical Center in Taguig City but Judge Elmo Alameda of the Makati RTC branch 150 only approved the state-run PNP-GH in Quezon City owing to its complete facilities.
Aside from the serious illegal detention case, Napoles is also facing plunder charges before the Office of the Ombudsman for funneling the Priority Development Assistance Fund of lawmakers to her dubious non-government organizations. (Sunnex)