Suspected Abu Sayyafs free 4 people in Sulu-A A +A
By Bong Garcia
Wednesday, March 12, 2014
ZAMBOANGA CITY – Suspected Abu Sayyaf bandits have released the four people, including two students, they have abducted last week in the province of Sulu, a military official said Wednesday.
Released were Mohamad Zaher Nain, 11; Alyza Farah Karanain, eight; Almalyn Abuhail, 17; and, Saddam Amlih, 24.
Nain is the son of Jolo Municipal Health Officer Dr. Faranazh Jajurie and Karanain is a relative. Amlih is Jajurie’s family driver while Abuhail is the house helper.
Western Mindanao Command (Westmincom) information officer Captain Maria Rowena Muyuela said the victims were freed around 4 p.m. Wednesday at the circumferential road in the village of Latih, Patikul, Sulu.
“The victims are now at the residence of Dr. Jajurie,” Muyuela said.
The victims were seized last March 3 in front of a tailoring shop along General Arola Street in the village of Alat, Jolo, the capital town of Sulu.
Amlih and Abuhail were fetching Nain and Karanain to the Jolo Notre Dame School for Girls when seven armed men dressed in tablig attire blocked their vehicle.
The gunmen transferred the victims to a tamaraw vehicle and sped towards the municipality of Patikul.
The 2nd Marine Brigade in coordination with the Sulu Police Provincial Office is tracking down the suspects behind the abduction of the four victims, Muyuela said. (Sunnex)