Comprehensive deal between PH, MILF to be inked on March 27

-A A +A

Friday, March 14, 2014


THE Government of the Philippines (GPH) and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) will sign the comprehensive agreement the Bangsamoro on March 27, Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process Teresita Deles said Friday.

"After 17 long years of arduous negotiations, we are finally arriving at a political settlement that will seal enduring peace and progress in Mindanao," said Deles.

"The signing of the CAB is expected to benefit not only the Bangsamoro but the entire country, and will radiate beyond our borders to the regional community, and perhaps the whole world," she added.

Deles said preparations for the event are currently underway.

"This is an event that requires careful planning and considerations especially in terms of the venue, etc. We will be sending out invitations soon," she said.

President Benigno Aquino III during his trip to Malaysia last month personally invited Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak to attend the signing ceremony of the comprehensive deal.

Malaysia has been facilitating the peace process between the Philippine government and the MILF since 2001. (SDR/Sunnex)

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Philippine Polls
  • Sinulog
  • Obituary
  • Pnoy
  • Filipino Abroad
  • ePaper
  • Technology
  • Calamity Report
  • Festivals
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Habemus Papam
  • Pacman blog
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • goodearth
  • Sun.Star Zup!