Revilla to make important announcement upon return from Jerusalem

-A A +A

Monday, March 31, 2014


SENATOR Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. is ready to face the plunder charges filed against him in connection with pork barrel scam upon his return from Jerusalem, the lawmaker's camp said Monday.

Lawyer Joel Bodegon told reporters that Revilla and his wife Cavite Representative Lani Mercado went to Israel to seek divine intervention for his political and legal travails but promised to come back in two weeks after taking the holy pilgrimage with his family.

Bodegon said Revilla is not guilty of the charges filed against him and that his client is more than willing to answer point by point the accusations against him regarding the pork scam issue.

Revilla, who is now facing plunder complaints before the Office of the Ombudsman together with Senator Jose Jinggoy Estrada and Senate Minority Leader Juan Ponce Enrile, earlier said he will deliver a his second privilege speech but opted not to until Estrada is done with his, which the latter delivered before the session ended this March.

Bodegon said Revilla will make an important announcement when he returns from Israel. The lawyer refused to give any hint.

"Let's just wait for Senator Bong to make the announcement," Bogedon said, adding that he doesn't want to preempt the senator.

Bodegon said the administration cannot stop Revilla from travelling abroad because no criminal record has been filed against the senator and his two plunder cases with the Ombudsman are still to be resolved.

Bodegon said Revilla has filed a petition in the Supreme Court to stop the Ombudsman from proceeding with its investigation on the alleged Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) scam. The high court has already ordered oral arguments regarding Revilla's plea to be conducted on April 22 at the SC Session Hall in Baguio City, Bogedon said.

On March 29, Revilla, who allegedly got the biggest kickback worth P224.5 million from the pork barrel scam allegedly masterminded by Janet Lim Napoles, left for Israel with his wife and their children.

Last year, the Department of Justice (DOJ) requested to cancel the passports of the lawmakers involved in the pork barrel scam controversy.

Bodegon maintained his client is not guilty and he will answer the charges point by point at the right time and place. (Camille P. Balagtas/Sunnex)

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Festivals
  • Sinulog
  • Technology
  • Pnoy
  • Philippine Polls
  • goodearth
  • Filipino Abroad
  • ePaper
  • Habemus Papam
  • Obituary
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Calamity Report
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Pacman blog
  • Sunstar Multimedia