Police ordered to intensify hunt for QC shooting suspects

-A A +A

Monday, May 12, 2014


MANILA -- Malacanang has directed the Philippine National Police (PNP) to intensify its hunt for the suspects in shooting incidents in Quezon City.

Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, in a Palace press briefing on Monday, said community action and continued citizen vigilance are needed.

Coloma said citizens must cooperate with authorities.

“Sa kampanya laban sa kriminalidad, mahalaga ‘yung paglahok ng mga mamamayan at ‘yung kanilang pagiging mapagmasid... (In our campaign against crime, community vigilance and participation are important,” he noted.

Coloma said taking measures to enhance security in the country will have to be decided by the local authorities depending on the situation.

He said imposing curfews limit the freedom of movement, noting that the government also protects the fundamental rights of citizens especially if they are peace-loving ones.

Police reported about seven people were killed in separate shooting incidents in Quezon City last week. (PNA)

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Technology
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Festivals
  • goodearth
  • Calamity Report
  • Pacman blog
  • Habemus Papam
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Sinulog
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Philippine Polls
  • Obituary
  • Pnoy
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • ePaper
  • Filipino Abroad