Aquino blames media why Lacson always talks about ‘Napolist’-A A +A
Monday, May 19, 2014
PRESIDENT Benigno Aquino III defended on Monday former senator Panfilo Lacson, who was hit for allegedly concentrating on the so-called Napoles list and not focusing on his job as rehabilitation czar in areas hit by Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan).
Aquino told reporters in Legazpi City that he was satisfied with Lacson's work as the Presidential Assistant for Rehabilitation and Recovery.
"Satisfied ba ako sa trabaho niya? So far, yes," the President said.
Aquino admitted that he talked with Lacson twice about his being dragged into the Napoles list, an unsigned affidavit of alleged multi-billion peso pork barrel scam mastermind Janet Lim-Napoles. The list contains names of individuals who were allegedly involved in the fund mess.
"Nag-usap kami, I think, twice on this particular issue. Sa isang text exchange namin, sabi ko, 'Ping, bakit ba puro itong Napoles list ang nadidikit sa pangalan mo?' Sagot niya sa akin inimbita siya in one particular kapihan para pag-usapan ‘yung Yolanda — ‘yon ang invitation — pagdating naman doon at nakaharap ‘yung mga kaindustriya niyo, wala namang nagtanong tungkol sa Yolanda, puro doon sa Napoles," he said.
"So ang tanong dito: Siya ba ang nagko-concentrate doon sa Napoles o ang media nagko-concentrate sa Napoles?" Aquino said.
But Aquino suspected that there could be some people who were just engaged in politicking.
"But having said that, alam na rin po natin na 'yung mga nagrereklamo na iba ay tila ino-organize ng mga taong may gana pang mamulitika sa panahon na dapat paspasan na ang rehabilitation efforts dito sa Yolanda, lalo na sa susunod na buwan ay umpisa na ng typhoon season natin, di ba?" he said.
Aquino presided over last Friday a Cabinet meeting where they discussed the developments on the rehabilitation efforts in Yolanda-affected areas. (SDR/Sunnex)