Napoles to return to jail Thursday night-A A +A
Thursday, May 29, 2014
THE Philippine National Police (PNP) regional office in Calabarzon officially received the order of the Makati Regional Trial Court for the immediate return of businesswoman Janet Napoles to Fort Sto. Domingo.
Chief Superintendent Reuben Theodore Sindac, PNP Public Information Office chief, said Napoles' convoy will leave Ospital ng Makati (OsMak) for Sta. Rosa, Laguna around 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Sindac said around 100 PNP personnel from the PNP-Calabarzon, PNP Special Action Force (SAF), PNP Highway Patrol Group and PNP Health Service will bring Napoles to her detention cell.
Earlier in the day, Judge Elmo Alameda of Makati RTC branch 150 denied Napoles' petition to extend her stay at OsMak after the hospital director issued a discharge order for the alleged mastermind of the Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) scam.
Napoles underwent a total hysterectomy and removal of her entire uterus and both ovaries at OsMak last month.
The businesswoman has been detained for serious illegal detention of pork barrel scam main whistleblower Benhur Luy. (Sunnex)