DepEd suspends classes in QC for Sona-A A +A
Friday, July 25, 2014
THE Department of Education (DepEd) ordered Thursday the suspension of classes in 32 public schools in Quezon City in connection with the fifth State of the Nation Address (Sona) of President Benigno Aquino III on Monday in the House of Representatives in Quezon City.
Below are the list of elementary and secondary schools near the Batasan Complex, which will be affected by the Sona and other related activities:
1. Commonwealth Elementary School
2. Pres. C. Aquino Elementary School
3. Dona Juana Elementary School
4. Holy Spirit Elementary School
5. Lagro Elementary School
6. North Fairview Elementary School
7. Bagong Silangan Elementary School
8. Culiat Elementary School
9. New Era Elementary School
10. Melencio Castelo Elementary School
11. Payatas B. Elementary School
12. Payatas C Elementary School
13. Payatas B Annex Elementary School
14. Lupang Pangako Elementary School
15. San Diego Elementary School
16. Fairview Elementary School
17. Benigno Aquino Elementary School
18. Manuel L. Quezon Elementary School
19. West Fairview Elementary School
20. Old Balara Elementary School
21. Balara Elementary School
22. Commonwealth High School
23. Batasan Hills National High School
24. Judge Feliciano Belmonte High School
25. Holy Spirit National High School
26. Lagro High School
27. North Fairview High School
28. Bagong Silangan High School
29. Culiat High School
30. New Era High School
31. Justice Cecilia Munoz Palma High School
32. Balara High School
Aquino annual address will gather top ranking government officials, members of the diplomatic corps and other VIPs.
Militant groups are also expected to stage Sona-related protests near the vicinity of the House of Representatives at Batasan Complex.
Earlier, the Philippine National Police (PNP) said they will deploy more than 10,000 policemen to provide security and to ensure the peace and order during the Sona, inside and outside the House of the Representatives.
Meanwhile, Bulacan Governor Wilhelmino Alvarado declared, July 28, as public holiday for all the Bulaceños to make way for cleanup and other post Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) centennial celebration operations.
On Sunday, more than 1.5 million INC members are expected to flock the newly inaugurated Philippine Arena in the INC-owned Ciudad de Victoria in Bocaue Bulacan for the 100th founding anniversary of the religious group.
Ten thousand buses and 2,800 vans are expected to carry the delegates from different parts of the Luzon going to the Philippine Arena. (Sunnex)