Palace: Discussions still ongoing for master plan in 'Yolanda'-hit areas-A A +A
Friday, July 25, 2014
PRESIDENT Benigno Aquino III could not approve yet the comprehensive master plan for areas hit by Typhoon "Yolanda" since discussions were still ongoing, a Palace official said Friday.
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte confirmed that the proposed master plan was already submitted to Malacanang on July 1 by Presidential Assistant for Rehabilitation and Recovery Panfilo Lacson.
"May mga discussions pa po diyan. I checked with the Office of the Executive Secretary and yes, it was submitted July 1. However, I was advised that there are still ongoing discussions on some of the matters that are contained in the master plan," she said in a press briefing.
Valte said she could not commit as to when the President's approval could be made for the master plan.
But she assured that Aquino was giving priority on the matter.
Survivors of "Yolanda," which struck most parts of the country in November last year, have been complaining on the slow action of the government, particularly in providing them permanent shelters and livelihood. (SDR/Sunnex)