DOJ still evaluating 3rd batch of PDAF cases-A A +A
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
JUSTICE Secretary Leila de Lima could still not say when they will file the third batch of complaints in relation to the pork barrel scam.
In a chance interview, de Lima said Wednesday the Department of Justice (DOJ) is still evaluating the findings of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), especially on the basis of the conclusion that some concerned lawmakers took kickbacks for sponsoring ghost projects of businesswoman Janet Napoles' bogus foundations.
"Mrs. Napoles dealt through agents of some of those in the third batch, so we're trying to check if the lawmakers received kickbacks," de Lima said.
She said proper verification of documents and evidence is needed to ensure that the cases will not be junked by the Office of the Ombudsman.
Senator Gregorio Honasan II, an opposition member, heads the list of possible respondents, according to a newspaper report last month.
Also in the list were former Cibac party-list Representative and Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (Tesda) chief Joel Villanueva, La Union Representative Victor Ortega, Cagayan de Oro City Representative Rufus Rodriguez and former Abono party-list Representative Robert Raymund Estrella, among others.
The DOJ is also looking into other lawmakers and government officials implicated in the so-called "Napolist" and the businesswoman's alleged transactions involving P475 million in public funds through the controversial Disbursement Acceleration Program (DAP). (Sunnex)