Guv reacts on mayor’s allegations-A A +A
Thursday, October 11, 2012
MISAMIS Oriental Governor Oscar Moreno said Cagayan de Oro City Mayor Vicente Emano is hallucinating for accusing him as the one behind the chain of cases filed against the latter.
The two are running in next year’s mayoralty race. Moreno said Emano was being hit by his own style.
The governor’s statement is in reaction to Emano’s declaration that Moreno’s group wanted to cripple him both in the city and in the province by slapping him with various charges.
Emano allegedly said Moreno’s intention is to suspend him and find him guilty to prevent him from running for mayor.
“Who can benefit from it? Of course they at the Liberal Party both here in the city and in the province. The point is, these are all harassment cases against me,” the mayor said during his weekly radio program.
Recently, Emano was ordered by the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) to answer the letter complaint filed by a businessman identified as James Giam.
The DILG has earlier conducted investigation on the administrative case filed against Emano in relation to last year’s Typhoon “Sendong.”
Although it was just a letter complaint, Emano said the DILG acted on it immediately within 10 days.
But Moreno said Emano is seeing his end. (Annabelle L. Ricalde)
Published in the Sun.Star Cagayan de Oro newspaper on October 11, 2012.