11 killings in three months-A A +A
Monday, March 11, 2013
ANOTHER person has been shot dead in three months in Cagayan de Oro bringing the total fatalities of the crime wave in the city to 11 persons.
Police authorities are eyeing personal grudge and revenge as the motive of the murder of a 42-year-old man who was shot six times by two armed men Sunday afternoon in Barangay Kauswagan this city.
Reynante Beja, a resident of Barangay Kauswagan, has succumbed to six gunshot wounds in different parts of his body from a caliber .45 pistol.
Police initial investigation showed that before Beja was shot, he was seen talking with the two gunmen wearing helmet and sunglasses when after a while he was shot.
The victim managed to run about 30 meters away from the two gunmen before he fell down and died while the two killers fled away onboard a maroon Bajaj motorcycle. The incident happened at 3 p.m.
It was reported earlier that Beja was an ex-convict for theft case, but this was denied by the relatives of the victim.
Senior Police Officer 2 Fernando Laspoña, of Police Station 4 Carmen told Sun.Star Cagayan de Oro that as of press time they have no record of Beja’s cases but they already requested other police stations including Warrant Section for his possible criminal records.
“Naghulat pa mi sa report, pero sa among nakita daghan siya og patik sa lawas ug naay nakahunghung nga mga witness nga noted daw sa area ang biktima,” Laspoña said on Monday.
Published in the Sun.Star Cagayan de Oro newspaper on March 12, 2013.