Cagayan de Oro City Police Office: Zero dead in 52 operations

City police office: Zero dead in 52 operations

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

City police office: Zero dead in 52 operations

Saturday, March 18, 2017

DOZENS of drug personalities were arrested in various anti-illegal drugs operations in Cagayan de Oro City with zero fatalities.

Based on the report released by the Cagayan de Oro City Police Office (Cocpo), a total of 56 persons were arrested from March 1 to 15 following the re-launching of the Project Double Barrel Reloaded by the Philippine National Police (PNP) on orders of President Rodrigo Duterte.

The Cocpo report, released to the media Friday afternoon, March 17, said out of the 56 suspects caught in 52 legitimate operations, 47 were apprehended during police-led drug busts.

From these operations, about 85 sachets of alleged methamphetamine hydrochloride or shabu were confiscated from the suspects.

The police have yet to determine the total weight and the estimated street value of the seized items.

Cocpo spokesperson Mardy Hortillosa said the city's police force has been ordered to avoid bloodshed as much as possible when conducting anti-drug operations.

“We are doing our best so that nobody will die in the conduct of the anti-drug campaign,” Hortillosa said in a text message.

It can be recalled that the Duterte administration drew criticisms and condemnations from local and international groups due to the more than 7,000 persons who were killed from police operations at the height of the Oplan Double Barrel Alpha launched by the PNP in July 2016.

Published in the Sun.Star Cagayan de Oro newspaper on March 18, 2017.


View Comments