Probe into bloody Ozamiz raid on | SunStar

Probe into bloody Ozamiz raid on

Time to read
1 minute
Read so far

Probe into bloody Ozamiz raid on

Monday, August 21, 2017

RESULTS on the investigation of the deadly police operation in Ozamis City last July 30, is set to come out next week, according to the Regional Internal Affairs Service’s chief of police in Northern Mindanao.

Senior Superintendent Gerry Galvan, Rias-Northern Mindanao chief, said they are only waiting for the last report from the Scene of the Crime Operations (Soco) so they can finalize their assessment and issue their recommendations on the bloody operation.

The predawn raid killed Ozamiz City mayor Reynaldo ‘Aldong’ Parojinog
Sr., his wife Susan, his brother Board Member Octavio Parojinog Jr., sister Mona and 12 others.

Galvan said they are supposed to release the result of the investigation 20 days after the incident but the Soco had requested extension for the submission of the ballistic report until Wednesday, August 23.

“Wednesday pa lang ibibigay ng Soco ang ballistic report kasi nag-request sila ng extension and ito nalang kulang para matapos natin ang investigation baka early next week maibigay na natin ang final result,” Galvan said.

He said the Soco has to examine and process several ballistic evidences from the scene.

He said the Rias could not issue their recommendations unless they see the complete evidences recovered from the scene.

“Marami kasing mga bala ang prinocess yung armalite pa lang 50 pieces na yun mga bala pa ng 9mm at caliber 45,” Galvan said.

“Malalaman natin don sa ballistic report kung dun sa nakuha nilang shells kung pumutok talaga sa mga baril na narecover. Kasi kung doon pumutok there is presumption na may firefight talaga and other circumstances,” Galvan added.

The probe team have also secured both the report from the raiding policemen and the version of the Parojinog’s witnesses.

Galvan said they already conducted interviews from the daughter of vice-mayor Nova Princess Parojinog, seven of those who were arrested and undergone inquest proceedings and two others who refused to give their identities.

The vice mayor and her brother Reynaldo Jr. were arrested and under police detention.

“Ang na-interview natin ay si Sophia na anak ni vice mayor, may dalawa pa na di nila sinabi ang pangalan at pito don sa na-inquest. May ginawa tayong audio and video interview pero ayaw nilang pumirma sa interview,” Galvan said.

Galvan said the witnesses only narrated the circumstances they have seen only when electricity already came back, as power was cut off during the operation.

Galvan said the supposed survivor-witness named as ‘Cesar’ did not surface despite their request to interview him.

“Ayaw magpakita nong Cesar kahit dalawang beses na tayong pumunta don at nag-iwan tayo ng message at paghinanap namin natin ayaw nilang mag-comment,” Galvan said. (Alwen Saliring/SunStar Cagayan de Oro)

Published in the SunStar Cagayan de Oro newspaper on August 21, 2017.


View Comments