ANOTHER temporary restraining order (TRO) was issued by the Court of Appeals (CA) on Thursday, October 5, to prevent the implementation of a new batch of 11 dismissal orders issued by the Office of the Ombudsman last week for Mayor Oscar Moreno.
Lawyer Dale Mordeno, Moreno's legal counsel, said this is part of the 48 cases filed by Antonio Nuñez before the Office of the Ombudsman over the allegedly anomalous lease of heavy equipment when Moreno was still governor of the province.
Half of the 48 cases are administrative in nature, while the other 24 cases are criminal cases.
Moreno is now the subject of a total of 22 dismissal orders. Moreno is still expecting the issuance of 2 dismissal orders.
The TRO was delivered to and received by City Administrator Dionnie Gersana around 6 p.m., Thursday, at the Mayor's Office.
The 22-page decision was signed by Associate Justices Louis Acosta and Oscar Badelles, and concurred by Edgardo Camello.
The petitioners are directed to post a bail bond worth P100,000.
Once again, Moreno supporters from different villages of the city gathered for a mas and prayer rally at City Hall.
"Wala man nakadisrupt ang gihimo na rally diri, naay na close na doors pero iopen man kung naay musulod. So basically sulod ug gawas lang gihapon ang mga tao," Gersana said.
"Padayon ang serbisyo," he added.
He said the supporters will continue to gather and camp outside the city hall until all the cases will run out and be resolved.
Just a week ago, the CA also issued an eleventh hour TRO to prevent the implementation of 5 dismissal orders.
Published in the SunStar Cagayan de Oro newspaper on October 06, 2017.