THE Police Regional Office (PRO)-Northern Mindanao received the relief order of Police Chief Superintendent Timoeo Gascon Pacleb from the national headquarters in Camp Crame on Thursday, January 18.
In the special order dated January 18, Pacleb was ordered relieved from his post as chief superintendent of PRO-Northern Mindanao and is reassigned to PRO-Cagayan Valley effective on the same day.
"Travel (shortest route) by land, water and/or air transportation is authorized," the order said.
PRO-Northern Mindanao spokesperson Lemuel Gonda said the transfer of Pacleb's duties is just a "normal police duty."
The relief order from Camp Crame's personnel and records management did not state the reason for Pacleb's transfer.
Jose Mario Meneses Espino, who was also relieved from his post as chief superintendent of PRO-Central Visayas, will be replacing Pacleb's post in PRO-Northern Mindanao.
Last month, a "white paper" circulated in media circles detailing Espino and his wife allegedly asking for P500,000 as weekly payola from illegal gambling lords.
Espino, however, denied the allegations.
The Regional Internal Affairs Service 7 is investigating Espino, who said his transfer has nothing to do with the accusations against him. (With reports from Mary Ross Odchigue, USTP intern/SunStar CDO)
Published in the SunStar Cagayan de Oro newspaper on January 20, 2018.