BLASA Perez keeps herself occupied every day by tending to her vegetables.
The 62-year-old public school teacher maintains a 250-square-meter backyard garden and dozens of hanged plants in her home in Barangay Pagsabungan, Mandaue City.
PREVENTIVE maintenance enabled the Metropolitan Cebu Water District (MCWD) to cut its systems loss by half compared to the late 80s and realize savings of about P3 million in energy efficiency.
MCWD’s best practices were presented last July 1 to 4 during the 3rd Executive Forum for Enhancing Sustainability on Urban Water Service in the Asian Region in Yokohama, Japan. The forum, organized by Japan International Cooperation Agency (Jica) and the City of Yokohama, was attended by water industry leaders in 12 Asian countries.
A YEAR after two ships collided off Talisay City and spilled oil and bunker fuel that spread to the seas of Cordova, the town’s fishers said their fishing activities are back to normal.
However, a barangay official in one of the coastal villages of Cordova said the mangrove plantation, which the spill damaged, has yet to fully recover.
ONE OF the suspects in a gang-rape incident last June was gunned down by unidentified assailants in front of the Coca-Cola plant in Ulas, Davao City on Friday.
Police identified the victim as Marion Kenneth Balorio, alias Ken-Ken, a 29-year-old slaughterhouse worker and a resident of Ortega Village in Bangkal.
THE hearing for the parricide case against a woman which was set last Wednesday was moved to September 25 due to the entry of a private lawyer who will assist in the prosecution.
Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 10 Judge Retrina Fuentes moved the hearing for the parricide case filed against Lucy Fe Concepcion and the murder case of alleged middleman Simplicio Ando to give time for private prosecutor Marcos Chua Jr. to study the case.
THE suspected New People's Army (NPA) leader accused of torching a heavy equipment last January 24 pleaded not guilty to arson charges during his arraignment before the Regional Trial Court (RTC) in Davao City on Thursday.
Respondent Roberto Castillo, who was assisted by legal counsel Manuel Quibod, pleaded not guilty before RTC Branch 16 Judge Emmanuel Carpio. Carpio set the preliminary conference on October 9.
A TOTAL of 728 completed permanent homes were turned over by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) to the typhoon Pablo survivors in Cateel, Boston and Baganga in Davao Oriental.
Carmela Duron, DSWD regional information officer, said in an interview, that the houses were turned over last month to the beneficiaries.
National Commission for Culture and the Arts calling for 2015 project proposals
THE National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) has sought for project proposals for its 2015 Competitive Grants Program.
AFTER news of the sex video of two City Hall employees broke out, the video itself has made the rounds in social networking site Facebook and several pornographic websites.
Following the story, people around the city started to talk about it.
BAMBAN, Tarlac - A six-year-old girl was held hostage on Friday by his own father inside an apartment they were renting.
The police said the hostage taker, identified as Christian Dela Cruz, 39, of sitio Matarulas, Barangay San Nicolas, Bamban, was allegedly depressed.