Garden solutions-A A +A
Sunday, August 18, 2013
ARE you having problems with your plants? Don’t worry. Here are some garden tips that will solve your plant problems from GardenGears and Landscape. The company, which is located at Holy Family Road, AS Fortuna, Banilad, Cebu City, provides information about indoor and outdoor plants.
• Indoor plants also need sunlight . Place them under filtered sun during weekends to stimulate better growth.
• Since indoor plants are not exposed to the heat of the sun, watering should be done twice or three times a week. Always check the moisture of the potted soil, if still moist don’t water yet.
• Always check if the soil is not so compact. A very compact soil will restrict growth of indoor plants. If soil is compact, try to loosen it by cultivating.
• If roots are seen growing from the bottom of the pot, it’s time to repot to a bigger container.
• Best time for watering outdoor plants would be early in the morning to prevent chances of plant diseases. Watering at high noon only evaporates much of the water.
• To make plants grow thicker, cut-off growing tips to promote branching.
• Always remove weeds to ensure less competition of nutrients and growing space.
• Hedging should only be done to plants that have circular or oval shapes with a diameter of less than two inches. If the leaves are bigger, thinning out of the branches is the best way to control growth.
• Arranging the plants should be done in clusters of the same kind or family or similar leaf shapes. When replanting, avoid too much injury to the roots to have minimal transplanting shock. (PR)
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on August 19, 2013.