Makeup looks at the Emmy Awards-A A +A
Thursday, October 3, 2013
IT'S been a little over a week since the Emmy Awards recognized the best in TV programs, but it’s not too late to draw inspiration from the makeup looks some of the actresses wore that evening. Here are a few that are easy to do and still wearable even off the red carpet.
• Use a brown-black pencil or powder to fill in eyebrows, but don’t arch them too much. A subtle curve makes a dark brow color less severe.
• Rose’s makeup artist reportedly used purple and brown eyeshadows, but I don’t see it on the inner half of her eye. For the lid, reach for a shade that is similar or slightly lighter than your skin tone. Use brown eyeshadow on the crease, then blend those purple and brown eyeshadows on the outer V.
• If your eyes are not already deep-set, mimic Rose’s eye shape by really defining the outer corner of the eye. When blending the crease color, take it all the way towards the inner corners between your brows.
• Apply black or brown-black pencil eyeliner on top and bottom lash lines, making the line thicker on the outer corners. Using pencil keeps the look softer than gel or liquid liner.
• Curl lashes then apply mascara, top and bottom.
• Apply a subtle pink blush on cheeks.
• For lips, use a creamy red lipstick with a hint of pink in it.
• Her look was all about shimmery lavender eyes. This made her sculpted waves look more modern instead of the expected vintage look with red lips.
• This is a great look if you want your eyes to look bigger or further apart. Apply a shimmery lavender all over lids and use it to emphasize the inner corners the way January did. If your eyes are already wide-set, just use a touch of the shimmer on inner corners.
• Use a medium brown shade in the crease and also apply a little on the lower lash
line for subtle definition.
• Use a purple pencil eyeliner or use a small brush to use purple shadow as liner on lower lash lines. To open up eyes further, use a nude pencil on the lower waterline.
• To anchor shimmery eyes, which may look sleepy if undefined, use black gel or liquid eyeliner and two to three coats of black mascara on upper eyelashes.
• Keep the focus on the eyes by using a warm pink blush and pinky nude lipstick and gloss.
• Vintage waves with red or fuchsia lips were seen on many stars at the Emmys. Kristen makes her statement lip look different and modern with a straight and sleek bob.
• Instead of a fire engine red lip, Kristen opted for a deep burgundy.
• Deep lips don’t require much else, but have just enough on lips and eyes to prevent them from disappearing. Kristen had on gold eyeshadow and lush eyelashes, and just a subtle hint of color on her cheeks.
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on October 04, 2013.