Fun Halloween Makeup-A A +A
Thursday, October 24, 2013
IT'S the weekend before Halloween. If you’ve already got your costume planned out, great! Don’t have any costume ideas yet, or don’t want to spend a lot of money on something you’ll probably only wear once? Here are two ideas for some unique looks you can copy at home. These are more creative than your overdone witch or cat look, and don’t require theater makeup.
Isn’t this so fun? Wear this with a wig and any fun costume!
• The key to this look, aside from the allover dots, is exaggerating your face with thick black lines. Do this especially on eyebrows, nose, eyes and around the lips, where expression would show. Use a black gel or black cake eyeliner, and use a stiff eyeliner brush to draw clean lines.
• To make bright eyeshadow really pop (it is “pop art” look), apply a white eyeshadow base before applying color. Try aqua blue or bright purple eyeshadow. Also enhance the lower rims of the eyes with white eyeliner. You can skip drawing the ‘tears’ if you don’t want to look like a crying comic.
• Don’t forget to add your longest or funkiest eyelashes to this look.
• Put on your brightest red or pink lipstick.
• You can do your allover dots with red lipstick, or draw little circles with a white eye pencil. Try to keep the dots as uniform as possible to really get that printed comic-book look.
Moulin Rouge Dancer
Want to look a little more sexy for your Halloween costume? Try a more risque makeup look inspired by the Lady Marmalade video by Christina Aguilera, Lil Kim, Maya and Pink. (But please try to put on something a little more than lingerie when leaving the house.)
• Use a cake foundation for a super-matte finish. Apply with a damp sponge.
• For the eyes, start with a black eye base to really deepen the colors. Layer red and black eyeshadows, making the look as dramatic as you dare.
Apply red on the lids and under eyes. Layer black on the crease and on under eyes, then layer the edges of the black again with red.
• Don’t have red shadow? Use a red blush, instead.
• Add dramatic false eyelashes; put them on bottom lashes as well, if you have the skill.
• Use eyelash glue to adhere small rhinestones around your eyes.
• Add just a little color on cheeks using pink blush to still keep the look sexy, not scary.
• Use a burgundy lip-liner to make lips appear perfect, especially the Cupid’s bow. Fill in, then layer a burgundy or red lipstick on top. You can also add gloss to make lips appear super-full.
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on October 25, 2013.