IN last Sunday’s 2018 trend report in SunStar Weekend, I shared some trends for hair and makeup that will be big for this year. One of the biggest trends for 2018 when it comes to hair is bangs. I’ve brought back my own fringe from four years ago and so far, so good when it comes to feedback from friends and colleagues!
If you’re ready for the chop, here are a few tips:
● Most hair styling articles will mention that the type of bangs to go for will depend on your face shape. While this is important, not many point out that it’s important to consider the size of your forehead. This might sound really funny, but it’s true and makes a lot of sense!
● Some people can pull off bangs that end midway down the forehead for a quirkier look. See how Krysten Ritter pulls this off.
● For most people, bangs that end at or just above the brows are most flattering.
● “Carpet fringe” or tapered, wispy bangs are flattering for straight and wavy hair. Talk to your stylist about how subtle or thick you want these bangs to be. I asked for mine to be not too thin and not too thick, so that I can still choose to sweep my bangs away if I’m not in the mood for them.
● A professional will understand what you like while considering your hair texture. Still, help out your hairstylist with as specific instructions as possible and bring more than one photo of the cut that you want.
● Not ready for a full fringe? Longer side bangs will still change up your hairstyle and are easier to clip away or push back with a head band.
Published in the SunStar Cebu newspaper on January 12, 2018.
Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.