Horror booth to open on Oct. 29-A A +A
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
MANDAUE City will once again set up the “Horror Booth sa Mandaue” from Oct. 29 to Nov. 4, as part of the City’s annual activity to benefit some 1,100 indigent children.
Sarah Walker-Cortes, wife of Mayor Jonas Cortes and chairperson of Mandaue City’s Committee of Protection of Children (MCCPC), said proceeds from the horror booth will finance the feeding program the City will conduct and the goodies it will purchase and distribute to the children on Dec. 21.
Cortes said the horror booth will be on its sixth year, adding that proceeds have grown steadily since its inception.
In 2010, she said they made P162,963.49. The figure doubled to P279,414.63 last year.
She said she hopes they will earn more this year.
Cortes said 40 percent of the proceeds are given to the talents, whose job is to scare the guests.
The City will hold the activity in partnership with the Kaabag Mandaue Inc., an organization which helps the city’s indigents.
According to a survey conducted from 2007 to 2011, there are 2,981 indigent children in the city and the number is growing.
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on October 10, 2012.