Looking for the new CCPO chief-A A +A
Friday, October 19, 2012
THREE key officials of the Police Regional Office (PRO) 7 are being considered as the replacement of Cebu City Police Office (CCPO) Director Melvin Ramon Buenafe.
They are Senior Supt. Erson Digal, chief of the Regional Operations and Plans Division; Senior Supt. Marciano Natu-el, chief of the Regional Logistics Division; and Senior Supt. Mariano Batiancila Jr., chief of the Regional Headquarters and Services Group.
PRO 7 Director Marcelo Garbo said they already sent the names to the national police headquarters in Camp Crame.
Garbo said the Philippine National Police’s Senior Officers Selection and Promotion Board will pick Buenafe’s replacement.
If the local government does not accept the police official they select, the police official will serve temporarily as officer-in-charge, Garbo said.
Buenafe celebrated his second year as CCPO director last September. He has yet to receive orders for his transfer.
Mayor Michael Rama has expressed his support for Buenafe, and wants the latter to extend his stint at the CCPO.
The mayor said he would like to keep Buenafe in the position since he has been doing a good job. He also commended Buenafe for intensifying the campaign against drugs and criminal elements.
Earlier this year, Buenafe denied reports he wanted to leave his post after talks circulated that he was caught in the crossfire between Rama and Rep. Tomas Osmeña (Cebu City, south district).
He said these were idle gossip.
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on October 19, 2012.