Woman says terminal chief demanded sex from her-A A +A
Saturday, January 25, 2014
A BUSINESSWOMAN charged Cebu South Bus Terminal (CSBT) manager Vicente Dejoras, Jr. before the Office of the Ombudsman-Visayas after the latter allegedly demanded to have sex with her in exchange for not closing her stalls.
Elsa (real name withheld) said Dejoras urged her several times to go with him inside a hotel in uptown Cebu City last year. But she refused.
Assisted by her lawyer, Noel D. Archival, she filed the complaints for grave misconduct and grave abuse of authority, acts of lasciviousness and unjust vexation yesterday morning.
Sun.Star Cebu called Dejoras, but the calls went unanswered. He sent a text message, saying he was still in a meeting.
In a text message to Sun.Star Cebu last night, Provincial Information Officer Ethel Natera said, “The governor does not know about the issue yet. We will give our statement once we are apprised of the circumstances of the complaint.”
Last Aug. 8, at 6 p.m., Dejoras allegedly called her and told her that he wanted to talk with her.
“(He) asked me to go to his office, although it was beyond office hours. Otherwise, he will not renew my contract,” she said in her affidavit.
While inside his office, Dejoras allegedly kissed Elsa. She pushed him when she realized what he did was wrong.
But Dejoras allegedly hugged her tight.
“I pushed him again,” said Elsa. “He then told me in vernacular, ‘Di gyud ka? Gusto ka lisod-lisoron tika sa imong paninda? Di nako i-renew imong kontrata (Do you want me to make your business difficult for you)?’”
Dejoras allegedly always demanded that Elsa should only be the one to serve food to him.
He also would not allow her to sell junk food while other vendors were allowed to.
Last September, Dejoras allegedly ordered Elsa to sign a document and added his family name after hers.
“To avoid arguments, I wrote Dejores after my name in the said letter,” said Elsa.
Last Sept. 27, she requested Cebu Gov. Hilario Davide III to allow her to sell junk food. A few days later, Dejoras allegedly got mad at her.
In the following month, a security guard told Elsa’s mother that they are not allowed to dispose garbage in CSBT. But the other vendors are allowed.
A petition was sent to Davide last October, asking for Dejoras’ replacement. But Davide reportedly refused.
Stallholders, drivers, conductors, dispatchers, vendors and bus operators comprised the 169 signatories.
They said Dejoras easily gets angry, uses vulgar language and shouts at them.
Elsa said she did not include the alleged harassment she received from Dejoras in the petition.
A letter dated last Jan. 21, written by Provincial Administrator Mark Tolentino and noted by Davide was sent to Elsa.
She was advised by Tolentino to vacate her stalls in CSBT food court in a week for her contract had expired last Dec. 31.
Archival said his client has been a concessioner since 2008 and she does not have any pending or unsettled debt.
“She has been religiously paying her monthly rental in the amount of P34,650. For the year 2013, my client paid P415,8000,” he said.
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on January 25, 2014.