2 ‘hit men’ fall in Tejero raid-A A +A
Friday, February 21, 2014
TWO alleged hit men of a drug pusher, including a 17-year-old boy, were arrested last Thursday night by elements of the City Intelligence Branch (CIB) of the Cebu City Police Office in Barangay Tejero, Cebu City.
A .45 pistol and one magazine with five live ammunition were allegedly seized from Dave (real name withheld for being a minor) while a .45 pistol with four live bullets were allegedly seized from Sigfredo Gagani, 30.
Both suspects are residents of Sitio Villagonzalo Dos.
The target of the raid was suspect drug pusher Harold Dequitos, who is allegedly Dave and Gagani’s leader.
Santander said when they arrived at Dequitos’ house they saw him fixing assorted firearms.
They tried to arrest him, but he reportedly escaped through the backdoor.
The CIB team also recovered a hand grenade, a shotgun, a KG9, a frontier revolver, .38 revolvers and assorted magazines inside the house.
Dequitos had been arrested for his alleged involvement in illegal drugs and for a murder case but he was released in 2012.
Santander said Dequitos has been tagged in several killings in the barangay.
“This was very alarming since minors are now engaged in gun-for-hire. They might have been trained because these minors know how to use guns very well,” he said.
He said they are looking for two other minors, both 14, who are believed to be cohorts of Dave and Gagani.
Santander said Dave was the suspect in the killing of Serry Soco Tapales in the area last Feb. 14.
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on February 22, 2014.