Alejandro Jayme, driver of Archival, laid to rest-A A +A
Monday, February 24, 2014
GIRLIE Maureen Jayme, 13, will graduate as a valedictorian at the Talamban Elementary School in April.
She learned early on that hard work is the key to success. But she will not be able to share this with her father Alejandro who had been her guiding force.
Alejandro was one of the fatalities in the ambush in Barangay Coro, Dalaguete last Tuesday that also killed his employer, lawyer Noel Archival, and co-worker Candido Miñoza.
Alejandro was buried yesterday in a local cemetery.
When she delivers her valedictory address, Girlie said she will imagine seeing her father in the crowd, beaming and basking in her achievement.
Alejandro was supposed to accompany her on stage when she accepts her award.
Girlie held her father’s picture tightly during the requiem and burial rites.
Girlie described her father as a good man. He would not chastise them even if she and her two sisters misbehaved, she said.
Her mother Erlinda, 48, was inconsolable during the mass held at the San Isidro Labrador Parish and at the cemetery. Relatives were at her side to comfort her.
Slowly, but surely
Police Regional Office 7 Director Danilo Constantino yesterday the Special Investigation Task Group (SITG) Archival is going in the right direction.
“Kahit na mabagal, basta (It may be slow, as long as it’s) deliberate,” he said, adding it is not his way to place a timeframe on an investigation.
Constantino said they want to make sure the persons they charge are the suspects involved in the ambush.
Supt. Renato Malazarte, spokesperson of SITG Archival, said they’ve already identified the three vehicles used by the assailants through the several footages from closed-circuit television cameras they’ve found.
He said the task group is still waiting for results of the ballistic examination on the empty shells recovered at the scene.
In a report over GMA 7’s Balitang Bisdak, Paulo Cortes, the lone survivor of the ambush, said he noticed a suspicious man monitoring them in court in Dumaguete City.
While they were heading to Cebu City, they tried to overtake a Toyota Corolla, but the car blocked them, he said.
When they reached a deserted stretch in Coro, occupants of a pickup believed to be a Toyota Hilux started firing at them, he said.
Cortes said he played dead until the assailants left the area.
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on February 25, 2014.