Aquino’s help sought to solve lot purchase issue

-A A +A

Thursday, May 1, 2014


TO SOLVE the issue on lot acquisition for a relocation site, Presidential Assistant for Rehabilitation and Recovery Panfilo Lacson will recommend to the President to make a special proclamation declaring some areas of northern Cebu alienable and disposable.

The 16 local government units (LGUs) affected by super typhoon Yolanda have identified relocation sites but have a problem purchasing the land because some only have tax declarations.

Waiting for final nod

Advertisement

Earlier, Gov. Hilario Davide III said the Commission on Audit requires the property to be used for this purpose to have a title.

Last month, Davide and Task Force Paglig-on head Baltazar Tribunalo Jr. met with
Lacson, where Lacson approved the Capitol’s P10.45-billion detailed rehabilitation and reconstruction plan.

The plan awaits the final approval of President Benigno Aquino III.

During their meeting, they also discussed the problem of land purchase for the relocation site.

Although the relocation site is a local issue, Davide said Lacson will bring up the matter with the President.

Davide said he also talked to some officials of Department of Agrarian Reform to ask for an exception since there are lots that are covered by the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program.

During a roundtable discussion facilitated by Task Force Paglig-on last month, mayors in northern Cebu said their major problem is still acquiring land for relocation.

Willing to help

Tribunalo said the 16 LGUs have identified possible sites but some do not have enough funds to buy or develop the areas.

Davide reiterated that Capitol is willing and ready to assess the LGUs that cannot afford to buy a property for this purpose.

He said Lacson did not mention when the President will issue the special proclamation.

“Of course we hope the sooner the better para mahan-ay na gyud tanan, para di na ta maproblema anang isyuha (so that everything will be settled and we will no longer have a problem with that issue),” the governor said.

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on May 02, 2014.

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Today's front page

Sun.Star Cebu's front page for December 20, 2014

Other front pages

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Obituary
  • Pacman blog
  • Pnoy
  • Habemus Papam
  • Technology
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Festivals
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Filipino Abroad
  • ePaper
  • Sinulog
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Philippine Polls
  • Calamity Report
  • goodearth