Security of Capitol-owned assets not a problem: guv

-A A +A

Wednesday, June 18, 2014


CAPITOL and Cebu Provincial Police Office personnel continue to provide security to properties owned by the Provincial Government despite the absence of blue guards.

Cebu Gov. Hilario Davide III gave this assurance yesterday amid apprehensions that security may be compromised in these Capitol-owned properties after he terminated the services of Black Pearl Security Agency (BPSA) following several incidents involving the agency’s security personnel.

Davide said they are doing everything to secure Capitol’s properties and buildings, with civil security unit (CSU) personnel and members of the Cebu Provincial Police Office taking turns in providing security.

Advertisement

He, however, expressed concern about the need to have guards especially in properties where illegal settlers tend to enter and build structures when no one is watching over the area.

‘No problem’

Two district hospital heads said that so far, they don’t have problems concerning security. The Cebu South Bus Terminal, however, has no blue guards manning the passenger entrance to check incoming passengers.

Representatives from the Minglanilla and Malabuyoc district hospitals told Sun.Star Cebu are happy with the new setup.

Minglanilla District Hospital chief nurse Josefina Empasis said Capitol absorbed their three former security guards as job-order employees. The three are now taking turns securing the hospital.

Malabuyoc District Hospital chief Margarita Lambo, for her part, said their former security guards for five years assumed post yesterday, right after the policemen pulled out from the hospital.

New names

After he disqualified the BPSA last week, Last May 29, Davide said he will wait for the recommendation of the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) on what to do next.

In an interview, Provincial Legal Officer Orvi Ortega, also a member of the BAC, said they will meet with the BAC members today to determine among themselves who will be the BAC chairman.

Davide said he to get the BAC’s recommendation within the week.

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on June 18, 2014.

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Today's front page

Sun.Star Cebu's front page for September 20, 2014

Other front pages

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Festivals
  • Sinulog
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Calamity Report
  • Pacman blog
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Philippine Polls
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • ePaper
  • Technology
  • Obituary
  • Pnoy
  • Habemus Papam
  • goodearth
  • Filipino Abroad