Cops gathering more data to unmask gunman

-A A +A

Thursday, June 19, 2014


AT least five people were invited by the Davao City Police Office to help in the investigation on the murder of businessman Richard King.

Sr. Supt. Vicente Danao Jr., Davao City police director, told Sun.Star Cebu that the five persons of interest were either witnesses or person that contacted with King before he was killed last week.

As of yesterday, Danao said that some leads have already been gathered on the possible identity of the gunman, but these are still subject for verification.

Advertisement

“Daghan pami og pwedeng ipatawag nga pwedeng makahatag ug information sa kaso (We would be inviting more people who might be able to give information on the case,” said Danao.

He explained that those who were invited by the police were not suspects. They just needed to interview some people to gather more information.

King, 57, was shot dead by a lone gunman last June 12 inside the Vital C Building in Davao City while dining with his employees and guests.

He was chairman and chief executive officer of J. King & Sons Co. Inc., developer of Crown Regency, Club Ultima and the City Suites Ramos Tower.

King, who is also the founder and director of Boracay Multiple Properties Inc., was laid to rest last Wednesday at the Cebu Memorial Park in Banilad, Cebu City.

Cash reward

A facial composite of the gunman has been released by the police; the cash reward for those who could give information leading to the arrest of the gunman was raised to P1.3 million.

Danao admitted that they initially hesitated to release the facial composite to the public since a manhunt is still being conducted.

He said the gunman may learn about the release of facial composite and would decide to hide.

Danao said they decided to release the information as it might help the police in solving the crime on time.

Edward Tan, spokesperson of the King family, said they are pleased with the investigation.

Criminal Investigation and Detection Group 7 Deputy Chief Fermin Armendarez said a two-man team will be tasked to meet with King’s family and discussed about the investigation of the attack.

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on June 20, 2014.

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Today's front page

Sun.Star Cebu front page for September 30, 2014

Other front pages

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Habemus Papam
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • ePaper
  • Obituary
  • Sinulog
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • tell it to sunstar
  • goodearth
  • Pnoy
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • Calamity Report
  • Pacman blog
  • Filipino Abroad
  • Philippine Polls
  • Technology
  • Festivals