Rama’s allies may get posts

-A A +A

Monday, June 30, 2014


THE Cebu City Council will introduce changes during its inaugural session tomorrow.

These may include, among others, giving two Team Rama members—Councilors Mary Ann delos Santos and Dave Tumulak— committee memberships or even chairmanships.

Vice Mayor Edgardo Labella said that it would be enough for all councilors to get memberships.

But he begged off from giving more details about the matter, saying he doesn't want to preempt the outcome of the inaugural session.

“Let's just wait for the appropriate time for the council to announce (the changes) which is during the inaugural session,” he said in an interview yesterday.

Elusive

Since assuming office in July last year, delos Santos and Tumulak have not been appointed member or head of any of the 24 committees in the City Council.

Their Team Rama allies, Councilors James Cuenco and Hanz Abella, have committee positions.

Cuenco chairs the committee on tourism, local and international relations while Abella is a member of the committee on education, science and technology.

Councilor Philip Zafra heads of the committee on barangay affairs being the president of the Association of the Barangay Council.

Labella said the changes in the council will be announced by the majority floor leader Councilor Margarita Osmeña.

Soca

During tomorrow's inaugural session, Labella said they will give the mayor the time to deliver his State of the City Address (Soca).
This will the first time that Rama will be delivering his Soca before the legislative body.

Labella said he appreciates the council’s decision to allow the mayor to deliver his Soca before them. This, considering that majority are members of the Bando Osmeña Pundok Kauswagan.

Last year, Rama was unable to give his Soca in front of the City Council.

In line with the mayor’s Soca, the City Traffic Operations Management (Citom) will be rerouting vehicles from 6 a.m. to noon with the closure M.C. Briones St., D. Jakosalem St., P. Burgos St. and Magallanes St., all in downtown Cebu City.

Citom operations division head Joy Tumulak said the re-routing will affect the City Hall block. He asked motorists to follow traffic signs installed in the re-routing area.

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on July 01, 2014.

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Today's front page

Sun.Star Cebu front page for August 01, 2014

Other front pages

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Sinulog
  • Pnoy
  • Calamity Report
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • goodearth
  • Habemus Papam
  • Festivals
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Pacman blog
  • Technology
  • Obituary
  • ePaper
  • Filipino Abroad
  • Philippine Polls
  • Sunstar Multimedia