2 robbers ‘take’ P20,000 from Bulacao pharmacy

-A A +A

Monday, August 18, 2014


A 360 PHARMACY in Barangay Bulacao, Cebu City lost almost P20,000 in cash to two men around noon yesterday.

The robbers were able to disarm the security guard before they took the money from the cash register.

The robbery was captured on the pharmacy’s security camera, which showed both robbers wearing a cap and shorts. One of them, though, wore a T-shirt, while the other wore a jacket.

Advertisement

A few hours later, the Pardo Police Station identified the two robbers as Leonardo Rama and Wendel Mendoza.

Rama and Mendoza were also tagged in the robbery of an LBC outlet on Escario St. last week, carting almost P10,000.

‘Notorious’ reputation

Rama, who is a native of Davao City, reportedly had been charged with robbery before.

His group was also allegedly responsible for the heist in La Nueva Pharmacy in
Barangay Pardo earlier this year.

The robbers were identified by the pharmacy’s cashier Rubelyn Gabatan, after police showed her pictures of several suspects.

Theft and Robbery Section Chief David Señor said the two men entered the pharmacy at 12:15 p.m.

Security guard Rommel Siao accosted them and told them to take off their cap since this was not allowed inside the pharmacy.

But Mendoza approached the guard and disarmed him. He then pointed a gun at Siao.

“Gihatag ra pud sa guard ang pusil. Pero dili gubot na pamaagi. Ang isa ka suspect kay nagbantay ra sa may purtahan kauban sa guard (Siao handed his gun to one of the suspects. There was no scene. The other suspect stayed by the door with the guard),” Señor said.

Qick nd quiet

Two customers entered and did not realize that there was an ongoing robbery.

Rama approached the cashier and demanded the money.

There were at least five customers inside the pharmacy but did not notice anything amiss since there was no commotion.

Based on the security camera footage, the robbery only took about three minutes. After that, the two men casually left and boarded a motorcycle.Police are still looking for the suspects.

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on August 19, 2014.

Local news

DISCLAIMER: Sun.Star website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessary reflect the views of the Sun.Star management and its affiliates. Sun.Star reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules: Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent and respectful. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

Today's front page

Sun.Star Cebu front page for December 18, 2014

Other front pages

Sun.Star Jobs
  • Technology
  • Filipino Abroad
  • Calamity Report
  • tell it to sunstar
  • Pnoy
  • Obituary
  • Festivals
  • goodearth
  • Sun.Star Zup!
  • Habemus Papam
  • SunStar Celebrity
  • Pacman blog
  • Sinulog
  • Sunstar Multimedia
  • ePaper
  • Philippine Polls