ORGANIZERS of this year's Fiesta Señor said the solemn procession next Saturday, January 14, will push through despite possible threats of another weather disturbance similar to Tropical Depression Auring.
Fr. Ric Anthony Reyes, OSA, media liaison officer of the Basilica Minore del Santo Niño and the head of the general secretariat for this year's Fiesta Señor, told SunStar Cebu that whether rain or shine, the solemn procession next Saturday will proceed as scheduled.
But Reyes said in the case of this year's fluvial procession, they will depend on the weather forecast of the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
Pagasa Mactan's Al Quiblat earlier said that massive cloud formations were spotted in the Pacific early last week and these could form into a low pressure area during the Sinulog weekend.
Reyes said that if the weather turns for the worst, one of their options is to transfer the Santo Niño image from Mandaue City to the Basilica through a motorcade.
But he is asking the faithful to continue offering their prayers for a safer and peaceful fiesta.
"We are also praying for good weather during the fiesta of the Santo Nino," Reyes added. (JKV/SunStar Cebu)