CEBU City generated more than a hundred tons of garbage during the Sinulog 2017 grand parade last Sunday.
In a phone interview yesterday, Department of Public Services (DPS) operations head John Paul Gelasque said they collected about 155 tons of garbage.
The volume was higher compared to the 110 tons of trash collected in last year’s event.
“Most of the trash collected were plastic bottles, especially on Mango Ave., Legazpi St., Osmeña Blvd. and the downtown area going to the Basilica Minore del Sto. Niño,” Gelasque told Sun.Star Cebu.
Around 500 DPS personnel, barangay environment officers and volunteers were deployed to clean the city’s streets.
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on January 17, 2017.
Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.