ANOTHER dancing contingent decided to no longer participate in next year’s Sinulog festival.
Lanao del Norte, who won in this year’s Sinulog grand parade free interpretation (FI) category, said their performance last Sunday was their last.
Regis said she is happy that they were able to defend their title in their last performance. Lanao was also the champion in the FI category last year.
In an interview yesterday, Regis said they have been attending the Sinulog since 2008 and it is enough for them that they’ve showcased Lanao’s culture and its different festivals.
They decided not to join next year also because of the huge amount they spend to send a contingent. Regis said their government spent more than P7 million for their participation this year.
Earlier, Tangub City announced that they are also taking a break for a few years from the Sinulog competition since the crowds were too rowdy.
Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on January 17, 2017.
Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.