Suspect in 4-month-old baby's rape arrested | SunStar

Suspect in 4-month-old baby's rape arrested

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Suspect in 4-month-old baby's rape arrested

Friday, February 10, 2017

CEBU. The suspect Jonathan Marfe.

POLICE arrested a suspected junkie for sexually abusing a four-month-old baby girl in Barangay Perrelos, Carcar City, Cebu.

The baby was found bloodied and naked 30 meters from her home by a 60-year-old woman who went outside to pee at 1 a.m. Thursday, February 9.

READ: 4-month-old baby girl 'raped,' dumped in a farm

Chief Inspector Jose Liddawa, the city police chief, identified the suspect as Jonathan Marfe, a 40-year-old native of Bohol who was also involved in a rape case in the past.

Before the incident happened on Thursday, Marfe joined his three friends in a drinking binge.

One of Marfe's friends said the suspect entered the house of the victim.

Liddawa said their evidence is circumstantial in nature, but the testimony of Marfe's friend is enough proof that the suspect was the one who took the infant, raped her and abandoned her in a coconut farm.

Girlie Veloso, barangay councilor of Perrelos, Carcar, said the baby underwent a minor surgery to treat a minor laceration on her genitals at the Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center.

The baby is now in stable condition, she added.

Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments