CIDG 'not done' with Peter Lim | SunStar

CIDG 'not done' with Peter Lim

Time to read
1 minute
Read so far

CIDG 'not done' with Peter Lim

Saturday, August 05, 2017

THE Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) 7 may conduct a financial investigation through the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) on Cebuano businessman Peter Lim.

In a radio dyAB interview, Supt. Royina Garma, chief of the CIDG 7, said they already conducted a complete background investigation on Lim so it's up to the CIDG in Camp Crame to build up the case.

She said that in a financial investigation, authorities will delve into different branches of corporation owned by Lim.

That way, they can trace how the businessman was able to amass his wealth, she said.

The process, though, will take time, she said.

The CIDG 7 chief also called out to Lim's former bodyguards and drivers to talk to authorities.

"These are witnesses na magandang imbestigahan para malaman talaga ang trade niya (if we question them we might determine what Lim has been up to all these years)," Garma said.

"May nagpirma nga ng affidavit. Merong mga witnesses during investigation but iba pa rin kasi kung mas marami, mas better (Someone signed an affidavit. There have also been witnesses in past investigations but it's not the same when you have more witnesses), she added.

Meanwhile, Police Regional Office 7 Director Jose Espino said they are investigating the report that Lim hired former soldiers and policemen as bodyguards.

"Kung meron (If they exist), they will be caught because they are violating our rules on securing a personality. You are acting as a bodyguard and if you are not a PNP or AFP personnel, you must be a licensed protection agent," Espino said.

He said they will also investigate Antonio Rosellosa, the security guard who received the subpoena in Lim's house in Barangay Kasambagan.

"His license as a security guard expired last 2013," Espino said.

He said Lim can request police escorts while waiting for the date of his scheduled hearing at the Department of Justice headquarters in Manila on Aug. 14 and Aug. 17.

President Rodrigo Duterte named Lim as the top drug lord handling the illegal drug trade in the Visayas.

Lim, in a press conference last Thursday, denied the allegations, calling these "lies" and "fabricated."

He said he will face the charges, adding that he has no plans to go abroad.

Tags: 

Published in the SunStar Cebu newspaper on August 05, 2017.

Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments