Mandaue offers P200K reward for arrest of Andaya’s killers | SunStar

Mandaue offers P200K reward for arrest of Andaya’s killers

Time to read
less than
1 minute
Read so far

Mandaue offers P200K reward for arrest of Andaya’s killers

Thursday, September 14, 2017

THE Mandaue City Government announced it is offering P200,000 as cash reward to anyone who can provide information leading to the arrest of the culprits in the murder of former Mandaue councilor Beethooven “Toben” Andaya.

On his Facebook post, City Mayor Luigi Quisumbing announced that the City got the blessing of Andaya’s family to offer the reward to the public.

“Upon hearing of the possible murder of former city councilor Toben Andaya, Vice Mayor Carlo and I agreed that a reward should be offered for information leading to the arrest of the perpetrators of this heinous act,” the mayor said. “It is our hope that this reward may serve to bring swift justice for Toben’s family.”

Vice Mayor Carlo Fortuna said that the City Council approved a resolution expressing sympathy and condolences to the family during their regular session yesterday.

In the same resolution, the City Council asked the police to thoroughly investigate the incident, and offered a reward to any person who may have any information that will help solve the crime.

Andaya, 55, was found dead inside his rented room in a beach resort in Barangay Liloan, Santander, Cebu. He had a gunshot wound in the chest. (FMG)

Published in the SunStar Cebu newspaper on September 14, 2017.

Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments