Mother of Talisay slay victim seeks NBI help | SunStar

Mother of Talisay slay victim seeks NBI help

Time to read
1 minute
Read so far

Mother of Talisay slay victim seeks NBI help

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

CEBU. Remy Lugan (left) identifies the body that was found in a subdivision in Talisay City as that of her daughter, May Albasin, a lotto outlet caretaker. (SunStar/Alan Tangcawan)

THE mother of 33-year-old May Albasin, who was found dead in a subdivision in Talisay City, Cebu, sought the help of National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)-Central Visayas.

Remy Albasin Lugan approached another law enforcement unit after allegations surfaced that the responding police officers from Talisay City Police Station failed to check the house of her daughter's boyfriend, whom she believed to be the killer.

The man's house is near the spot in Camella Subdivision in Barangay Lawaan 1, Talisay City where Albasin was found dead.

He allegedly lent money to some personnel of Talisay City Police Station.

Lugan alleged that her daughter was mauled by the man, but the police took no action.

Supt. Jason Villamater, head of Talisay City Police denied allegations that his personnel were accepting money from a man allegedly behind the murder of May Albasin.

Cebu Provincial Police Office Director Eric Noble has ordered an investigation on the allegations.

Villamater told SunStar Cebu that his investigators are already trying to locate Zafra.

Villamater said they went to Zafra’s house to invite him for questioning, but he was no longer there.

They called Zafra on his cellphone last Tuesday, but he reportedly told them that he was heading to northern Cebu.

Police attempted to call Zafra again today but he can no longer be reached.

Villamater said they can’t consider Zafra as a prime suspect yet since there is no clear evidence that he was behind Albasin’s murder.

While there is a closed-circuit television camera footage showing a man dumping Albasin’s body, it’s not proof that Zafra was behind the crime, Villamater said.

The police chief urged Zafra to turn himself in so he can clear his name.

If Zafra won’t surrender, Villameter said he will be considered a suspect. (KAL, JKV)

Published in the SunStar Cebu newspaper on September 27, 2017.

Latest issues of SunStar Cebu also available on your mobile phones, laptops, and tablets. Subscribe to our digital editions at epaper.sunstar.com.ph and get a free seven-day trial.


View Comments